Poland to host week of events for jobseekers and employers on seasonal work abroad
Every year, up to 850,000 EU citizens engage in seasonal work in another EU country. The European Labour Authority (ELA) launched the “Rights for all seasons” information campaign in partnership with the European Commission, the EURES network, and the European Platform tackling undeclared work to raise awareness among seasonal workers and their employers of related rights, obligations, and counselling services.
During the campaign’s EU Week for Seasonal Workers (20−24 September), Poland will implement a range of activities and events throughout the country on seasonal work and work abroad, aimed at jobseekers and employers. This will include a press campaign, informative presentations, one-on-one meetings, and workshops. Interested parties are invited to refer to the list of sessions (below).
- Lubaczów, Labour Office: Presentation for jobseekers from a EURES Adviser
- Biłgoraj Labour Office: Information point on seasonal work
- Sztum Labour Office: Individual meetings and a presentation for jobseekers/unemployed people
- Zwoleń Labour Office: Refer to social media
- Złotoryja Labour Office: Individual meetings with jobseekers/unemployed people
- Nowa Sól Labour Office: Information days aimed at jobseekers/unemployed people interested in working abroad/seasonal work
- Poviat Labour Office, Lidzbark Warmiński, PUP headquarters: (07.00–14.00) Information campaign on social media, plus EURES staff to provide information and materials on seasonal work abroad with EURES
- Poviat Labour Office, Braniewo: Information activities for jobseekers/unemployed people on seasonal work in the EU/EFTA (publication of leaflets) through the website and office
- Poviat Labour Office, Olecko: Information and promotional activities related to the campaign
- Poviat Labour Office, Giżycko: (11.00–14.00) Individual and promotional meetings with employment agents for jobseekers/unemployed people
- Olsztyn District Labour Office: Individual meetings for jobseekers/unemployed people on “Seasonal work abroad with the EURES network”
- Olsztyn Municipal Employment Office: Individual meetings for jobseekers/unemployed people on “Seasonal work abroad with the EURES network”
- Poviat Labour Office, Mrągowo: (08.00–14.00) Open days, with office employees to distribute leaflets in the city and provide information about the campaign
- Lubin Labour Office: Information Day for jobseekers on seasonal work abroad
- Brzeg Labour Office: Telephone consultation on seasonal work abroad
- Śląskie Labour Office, Siemianowice: Informative/promotional meeting on the EURES network, living and working conditions, and the search for safe seasonal employment in the EU/EFTA Member States
- Poviat Labour Office, Ostróda: Informative meeting with jobseekers/unemployed people
- Olsztyn District Labour Office: Informative meeting with jobseekers/unemployed people on “Seasonal work abroad with the EURES network”
- Wałcz Labour Office (12.00): Presentation/informative group meeting on employment abroad
- EURES Poland: Online workshop for EURES staff with representatives of the German “Faire Mobilität” on rules for the employment of seasonal workers in agriculture
- Trzebnica Labour Office: Presentation/group meeting on seasonal work aimed at jobseekers
- Zgorzelec, Lowersilesian Regional Labour Office: Information stand and workshop on seasonal work with EURES (during the Cross-border Job Fair)
- PGE Turów ARENA (10.00–14.00): Information stand and lecture on the campaign on seasonal work
- Starogard Gdański Labour Office: Presentation/informative meeting with jobseekers/unemployed people
- Kłodzko Local Labour Office: Presentation on “Seasonal work with EURES network – Labour law and job offers in the Czech Republic”, aimed at jobseekers
- Kielce District Labour Office: Individually-tailored information and advice for jobseekers/those who are unemployed abroad
- Piekary Śląskie Labour Office: Informative group meeting/presentation for those interested seasonal work abroad, focusing on Germany and the Netherlands
- Poviat Labour Office, Elbąg (09.00–13.00): Information for jobseekers on seasonal work abroad
You can find out more about seasonal work in the EU on the central EURES Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn channels under the hashtags #EURESeasonalWorks and #Rights4AllSeasons.
For more information on the Week of Action in Poland, refer to the Ministry of Economic Development, Labour and Technology or National EURES Coordination Office websites.